Mental Health Counselor / Therapist (Screener)
Community Mental Health Center in West Palm Beach seeks Mental Health Clinician (Therapist) / Screener
We are currently seeking Mental Health Counselor / Screener for our West Palm Beach office!
Detailed description will be provided during interview. Independent contractor (1099) position with flexible schedule.
- Provides direct clinical mental health services to children and families who meet the criteria for Therapeutic Behavioral On-Site (TBOS), Individual/Family Therapy and group services;
- Services are provided in office and/or on-site;
- Provides Initial Intake Assessment;
- Develops Prior Authorization requests for services when required by Medicaid/HMO;
- Develops treatment planning and reviewing;
- Monitors progress towards goals, re-assesses needs and upgrades treatment planning;
- Develops progress summaries as required by contractual agreement with funding sources;
- Seeks clinical consultation;
- Documents clinical sessions following Medicaid-HMO and other contractual agreements;
- Completes forms required by the program (progress notes, discharge summaries, attendance forms, and any other program-specific documents);
- Submits to the Admissions Director documentation and fee for services (billing) on Mondays. The documentation must cover the prior week of services;
This particular candidate will be screening clients with Medicare insurance. As such, they will need to have an LCSW license in the State of Florida.
Skills / Requirements
- LCSW License in the State of Florida required.
- Experience in working with children and families;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time