Medical Assistant (Bilingual: Spanish)
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant! Outpatient Mental Health Clinic seeks full time Medical Assistant (fluent in English & Spanish) in the Psychiatric Department. 40 hours per week +. The candidate would work closely with psychiatrists and Front Desk. Front/Back Office duties include scheduling appointments, Medicaid/HMO verification, taking vitals, calling pharmacy and faxing prior authorizations to HMO's when needed.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, good customer service skills a must. Experience with Medicaid/HMO insurance and Prior Authorization for psychotropic medications preferred.
MPCI is a community Mental Health Center providing Behavioral Health Services for children and adults in Palm Beach County.
MPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail).
- Bilingual a must (English/Spanish).
- Customer service ability a must.
- Certified Medical assistant.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Familiar/experience in working with children
Background Check by the agency is required.
Bilingual Spanish is required.
Job Status: Full Time