Front Desk / Medical Assistant (FT)
Front Desk / Medical Assistant
We are currently seeking a full time Front Desk / Medical Assistant! Outpatient Mental Health Clinic seeks full time Front Desk / Medical Assistant (fluent in English & Spanish preferred).
The candidate would work closely with adult clients, psychiatrist and RN. Front/Back Office duties include scheduling appointments, Medicaid/HMO verification, taking vitals, calling pharmacy and faxing prior authorizations to HMO's when needed.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, good customer service skills a must. Experience with Medicaid/HMO insurance and Prior Authorization for psychotropic medications preferred.
MPCI is a community Mental Health Center providing Behavioral Health Services for children and adults in Palm Beach County.
Excellent opportunity for student or recent graduate to gain experience.
MPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail).
- Full Time position
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Customer service ability a must.
- Certified Medical assistant (preferred).
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Familiar/experience in working with adults (intensive preferred).
Background Check by the agency is required.
Bilingual Spanish is preferred
Job Status: Full Time