Medical Assistant / Front Desk
We are currently seeking a part time Medical Assistant! Outpatient Mental Health Clinic seeks full time Medical Assistant (fluent in English & Spanish) in the Psychiatric Department. The candidate would work closely with psychiatrists and Front Desk. Front/Back Office duties include scheduling appointments, Medicaid/HMO verification, taking vitals, calling pharmacy and faxing prior authorizations to HMO's when needed.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, good customer service skills a must. Experience with Medicaid/HMO insurance and Prior Authorization for psychotropic medications preferred.
MPCI is a community Mental Health Center providing Behavioral Health Services for children and adults in Palm Beach County.
Excellent opportunity for student or recent graduate to gain experience.
MPCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail).
- FULL TIME position
- Bilingual a must (English/Spanish).
- Customer service ability a must.
- Certified Medical assistant.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Familiar/experience in working with children
Background Check by the agency is required.
Bilingual Spanish is required.
Job Status: Full Time